We will follow all guidelines set-forth by the CDC, State of Iowa, and Iowa State University in conducting the HACCP Training in person, including, but not limited to the following:
- All participants, instructors, and staff will be required to wear masks at all times, with the exception of eating and/or drinking
- Maintaining a minimum of a 6-foot distance
- Tables will be assigned 1 per person and spaced accordingly
- Following designated traffic patterns while in public spaces
- All food and beverage items will be pre-packaged
These guidelines will be updated as needed to meet all necessary requirements and ensure the safety of everyone.
About the HACCP Workshop
The HACCP workshop will be held at the Scheman Continuing Education Building on the Campus of Iowa State University October 14-16, 2020 The course is designed to review the philosophy and principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point system and to discuss how to implement HACCP in plants.
This HACCP training program is consistent with the intent and scope of the USDA, FSIS regulation.his course is designed for individuals that have little or no knowledge of HACCP and individuals that would like to have a refresher on HACCP and learn of the changes that have taken place in HACCP during the last 2-3 years. One of the working groups will be designated an ''Advanced HACCP Training Working Group.'' This working group, which is limited to those that are already HACCP trained, will discuss Validation, Verification, Reassessment, Lethality, Stabilization and Listeria Control.
• HACCP Overview
• Definition of HACCP Terms
• Chemical and Physical Hazards
• Microbiological Hazards
• Developing SOPs and GMPs
• Critical Limits, Monitoring
• Methods and Corrective Action
• Record Keeping and Verification
• HACCP Plan Validation
• HACCP Plan Reassessment
Individuals that complete the course will receive a certificate indicating they are a HACCP trained individual and their name will be added to a registry of HACCP trained individuals that is maintained by the International Meat & Poultry HACCP Alliance.
The registration fee for the HACCP Workshop is $500.00. After September 23, 2020 the fee will be $575.00. This fee includes course materials, lunch on Thursday and refreshments each day. To register for the 2020 HACCP Workshop, click on the registration link above and select HACCP Workshop.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - Registration
- 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Workshop
Thursday, October 15, 2020
- 8:00 - 12:00 p.m. - Workshop
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch (included in registration fee)
- 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Workshop
Friday, October 16, 2020
- 8:00 -1:00 p.m. - Workshop
- 1:00 p.m. - Adjourn
Location and Parking
The HACCP Workshop will be the Scheman Continuing Education Building on the campus of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
There is ample free parking at the Iowa State Center where the Scheman Continuing Education Building is located.
For more information on this program, download a copy of the 2020 flyer.
Change in Plans
If you need to cancel your registration before September 23, 2020 you may send a substitute or you may receive a refund less a $50.00 processing fee. If you need to cancel your registration after September 23, 2020, you may send a substitute or apply your registration fee to another Short Course at the Iowa State University Meat Laboratory. Contact Matt Wenger at email@example.com or 515-294-9279.